Thursday, June 3, 2010

Away we goooo!

I certainly picked good month to start this! I can't put my finger on why, but the last few days have been somewhat stressful. So far I've done a decent job staying on the healthy side (I think), but mid-afternoon is definitely my hardest time to stay afloat. My lunches and dinners have been very veggie-heavy, which I know is good for me, but it only gives me energy for so long. I need an extra...something. Protein boost maybe?

Anyway, after three days of feeling stressed and tired, I was dying for some comfort food. Portabella burger and sweet potato oven fries. Pure happiness. But now that I've found a great comfort meal to turn to, I could use some ideas for a delicious, satisfying snack when I'm in a pinch. Help, please!

1 comment:

  1. I think you're definitely right about the protein. That's what gives you energy. Carbs do, too, and I think the granola bars are a good idea. Can you add in some healthy protein to these meals? Maybe a handful of nuts or a carton of yogurt? Might make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers